Monday, October 8, 2012

Vegan MoFo 2012 #6 Vegan Chicken Scallopini



Vegan Chicken Scallopini with pasta and red wine/olive oil sauce.


Vegan Chicken Scallopini with pasta and red wine/ olive oil sauce.


To make:
Gardein Frozen Chicken Scallopini patties Click to visit the Gardein Website!
Annie's Red wine/olive oil dressing Click here! (It does contain soy, but I haven't found an alternative dressing. If you know one please let me know!)
Your favorite pasta.
Spices that you love; We use Citrus-A-Peel (Click me! ), pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, all purpose italian, and whatever else we feel like throwing on at the time. All of our spices are organic.

If you use the entire packet of Gardein patties (4 total) you will only need about half a box of noodles or 1 cup. How much dressing and seasoning you use depends on your tastes and what you like. We simmer the frozen patties in the dressing as we cover them with spices and then flip to cook the other side and then cut them into small bite-size portions so that the oils and spices really soak into every side of the patties.
Toss in the noddles and stir and you are done! Make some toast if you like and chow down. Yum!!

Warning: This recipe contains soy. I haven't been able to make it lately so if you have an idea to make it without the soy-based products, please let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you no longer eating soy? I don't either so if I saw a recipe like this I'd probably replace the chickn with mushrooms! It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that I am allergic to even the smallest amount of soy and my face breaks out really bad when I eat it so I avoid it if at all possible! Haha. I just tried Field Roast's Celebration Loaf (No soy!) and it is amazing (stay tuned for a blog post!). I wouldn't mind using that in place of the ChickN. I might have to revamp this recipe!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Have a nice day. :)