Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vegan MOFO 2012 #2!

Today I want to talk about a discovery that I made this week. I randomly found it whilst perusing the cereal isle at Whole Foods. I'm always trying to find something new without soy and I think I've found the ultimate childhood snack (In my personal opinion anyway!).
Vegan/Organic "Sugar Smacks"!!
(Nature's Path Organic Kamut Puffs)
The set-up. Obviously, I've eaten quite a bit of the cereal already! Read on for more pics.
Cereal with nutrition info.
What the bag looks like



Just One of the brands of Raw Agave that I like. (It has a pop-top so of course I love it!)

Do any of you remember eating sugar smacks as a child? It was one of my favorite cereals because well, it was my mom's favorite! The cereal is nothing but wheat BUT I like it that way because instead of ingesting loads of sugar, I can pour on some raw agave nectar (my favorite!). I know there is a lot of drama surrounding rice and all rice products right now (possible arsenic outbreak-google it), but Rice Milk is really my favorite so I splurged just a bit. Almond and coconut milk are really good too.
I know this post really isn't a recipe and doesn't have much detail but I had to tell someone about this find! Haha, I hope this helps anyone out there with a craving for "Sugar Smacks" cereal. Let me know if you can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a nice day. :)